Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Reflection on a Dream

It's currently really early in the morning. I accidentally fell asleep on the couch again. Which I'm not supposed to do, because I forget my night-guard to keep me from slowly destroying my face. However, I'm not too disappointed that I did that this time.
I had a dream, sleeping on that couch. It was a rather long dream, with a storyline and all. I think. The story is not what I remember, nor is it what I'm concerned with. It was like a battle of some sort, at a hotel resort or something. But that's not important. The end of the dream went as follows:

It appeared that the battle we were fighting was the last battle. The one that will take most people to the next life. Christ was coming back soon. Very soon. It was the undeniable truth.
In the mix of the whole thing, I got wrapped up with fighting the "bad guy". I'm not positive who it was, because it appears he was mortal. He and I were fighting by the pool. Our fight took to the water. But the water was different. As we fell into it, someone cried out, "watch out for the pool!" It was then that I realized we were not falling into a resort pool, but a rather large, rather strong, rectangular whirlpool.
It was not shaped normal. Imagine a large, simple pool: deep and wide, but basically shaped. Now imagine that the walls and floor of that pool were really deep, fast moving bodies of water (that held their shape, despite physics).
He and I were both tossed into the pool, and whirled around a few times. I tried to swim against the current but it was no use. He was also struggling to get out, so I kicked him into the rectangular vortex, waiting for us at the center.
As my irresistible fate drew near, I was crying out to Christ. "LORD! Take me in! Forgive me!" I yelled something more, but I forget what it was. Which is good, because I remember it sounding horribly dumb. And I knew that my last words were moronic. The vortex took me in. It was all over. And as I fell, I thought, "this is it. This is it."
I knew the moment I died. I felt it. And for a split second, I was neither on earth, nor beyond it. It was terrifying.
I plunged back into water. A very shallow pool. I don't remember ever getting out of the water. But I soon found myself in a solid room. It was an extremely small, circular room, with barely enough room to sit in. I realized I was sitting next to an old friend. The room got no larger, but still seemed to sustain our dimensions. The only door was through the front, and I knew it was not my door to open. There was also a small window, to the right of the door.
What appeared to be a Mexican man stood at the window. He was wearing a quite large name tag. It read: "JESUS".
The rest of the dream is odd and inconsequential, and I don't remember much of it.

As I was brushing my teeth (after letting them waste away for the night), I thought about this dream. It went back in forth in my mind. But what was hardest to wrap my head around was the second between. The second where everything stopped. It felt like an extremely short amount of time. But at the same time, it also felt like an eternity.
It was in that second that all of my life hung. My heart and soul looked destruction in the eye. And it was scary as hell. Quite literally speaking.
And while I ran this over and over in my head, I thought about how Christ could have just let me fall into the pit of Hell. But He took me in. And I think now, while my life still continues: "will He do the same when it really does come time to do so? Am I living for Christ? Would he be proud of me? What can I do to actually live for him, so that the split-second between Here and There is not scary, but exciting?"

It's all heavy stuff. Think about it. I will. Praise be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment